There are a number of essential services that a homeowner might need to call out, and when you consider the complexity of a modern dwelling, it isn’t surprising that many things can go wrong. Plumbing can become blocked, and roofing tiles dislodged, and if you ever lock yourself out, you will need some expert assistance in a hurry. If you are a newbie homeowner, here is a list of essential numbers to embed in your smartphone memory.
- The Plumber – Perhaps the most important number of all is a reliable emergency plumber, as there is no other way to deal with a burst water pipe in the middle of the night than to call out an emergency plumber.
- The Locksmith – If you are ever unlucky enough to be the victim of a burglary, the first thing to do (after calling the police) is to call an emergency locksmith who can change all the locks in the house, and if you happen to lock yourself out of your home or car, an emergency locksmith is the best person to contact. You might require a locksmith in Staffordshire or Yorkshire, and if you don’t know of a reliable tradesman, an online search will help you locate the right company.
- The Tree Surgeon – An arborist would be able to lop or fell any dangerous trees or boughs, and after a heavy storm, it might be that a heavy branch is dangerously close to your property, and in that case, an emergency tree surgeon is the ideal solution.
- The Electrician – Should you experience any power issues, the electrician is the person to call, and out of hours problems can be easily handled by the right company. It is always handy to have his number, should you ever need some extra power points or lighting, but for emergencies, you need to make sure someone can come at any time of day or night.
- Roofing Issues – The British climate makes it tough for any building to withstand the elements, and you should always carry out a thorough visual inspection after a heavy storm. Any broken or missing roof tiles will soon cause serious internal damage, and rapid repairs are the order of the day.
- Heating and Air Conditioning – The modern home would have an HVAC system that delivers both heating and cool air, and whatever the time of year, a breakdown would be very inconvenient. These breakdowns typically occur outside of normal working hours, so make sure you source a service engineer that is prepared to come out at a minute’s notice.
The above list should cover most emergencies, and once you have a reliable list of contractors who are ready to step in at short notice, your emergency issues will be covered. The Internet is a good source of information and it might help you to source these essential services, and with their expertise, you will be ready for anything.